What do we do?
Members of the St. Ann Ministers to the Sick team regularly visit with, pray with, and administer the Holy Eucharist to their fellow parishioners in three situations:
- Ministry to hospitalized parishioners
- Ministry to homebound parishioners
- Ministry to residents of assisted living facilities/nursing homes
Each minister selects the situation(s) in which he/she wishes to serve. Ministers are never expected to serve in situations where they would be uncomfortable.
- A fervent love of Christ in the Eucharist and of His suffering children
- A genuine desire to be Christ’s hands, feet and heart for your fellow parishioners
- A commitment of time to exercise your ministry, and attend occasional team meetings
- Completion of the Diocesan Basic Training for Patient Visitors class
- Certification as an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion (Eucharistic Minister)
How do I get involved?
- Call the parish office and give your name and phone number. The Ministry to the Sick Coordinator will contact you to answer questions and provide more information, or
- Contact the Coordinator directly: Ann Madeksho