Marriage in the Diocese of Memphis
The time for formal preparation for the Sacrament of Marriage established by the Diocese of Memphis is six (6) months; however, couples are encouraged to begin their formal marriage preparation nine months prior to the celebration. A couple initially contacts the pastor of one of the two parties to begin the program.
For information on preparing for Marriage at St. Ann or to make an appointment with Fr. Russ Harbaugh, contact Barbara King in the parish office, 266-5201.
The Sacrament of Matrimony
The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a
of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation an
d education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament.
Catechism of the Catholic Church 1601
Natural Family Planning
What are you doing to help get your spouse to heaven?
- Do you know the teachings of the Church regarding marriage and sexuality?
- Are you aware that Natural Family Planning (NFP) could be a means to help you both get to heaven?
- NFP is simply knowing how God made your bodies as men and women and learning to live in harmony with His design.
- NFP can help you honor God and uphold your own dignity as a human person, created in His image.
- NFP can help you learn to love as God loves.